- Add dates to a food processor and blend until it breaks into tiny pieces. Take out of processor and set aside.
- Add nuts and process into a meal, and then add dates back in and blend until a loose dough forms – it should stick together when you squeeze a bit between your fingers. If it’s too dry, add a few more dates through the spout while processing. If too wet, add more almond meal.
- Lightly grease a 12 cupcake/muffin pan or use cupcake liners. To make removing the cheesecakes easier if putting directly into pan, put strips of parchment paper and lay them in the slots.
- Drop in one heaping tablespoon amounts of crust and press with fingers. To pack it down, use the back of a spoon to compact it and really press it down. Put in freezer for about 1/2 hour to firm.
- Add all filling ingredients to a blender or processor and mix until very smooth.
- Add pumpkin butter or puree, and pumpkin pie spices and mix again.
- Divide filling evenly among the formed crust. Tap a few times to release any air bubbles, then cover with plastic wrap and freeze until hard – about 5 hours.
- Once set, remove by gently pulling on the parchment paper, or gently removing the cupcake liner. Top with dairy free whipped cream! Keep in the freezer for up to 2 weeks in a tightly sealed tupperware.
- Set cakes out for 10 minutes before serving to soften, or enjoy them frozen!
To make your own pumpkin pie spices stir or whisk together:
1 tablespoon ground cinnamon
2 teaspoons ground ginger
1/2 teaspoon allspice
1/2 teaspoon ground cloves
1/2 teaspoon ground nutmeg
You can store in an air tight container for up to one year.
To your good health!